Master of Science in Data Analytics
Administered jointly through the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Engineering Management & Systems Engineering, the Master of Science in Data Analytics aims to address the growing demand for professionals skilled in big data and data analytics in government, industry and research organizations.
Through courses led by top faculty members at the School of Engineering & Applied Science and the School of Business, this program is conducted in small cohorts and covers topics in computer science, business analytics and systems engineering while focusing on the foundations of analytics from a technical engineering perspective.
Students choose from two tracks: Computer Science or Engineering Management & Systems Engineering.
Students in the program should expect to:
- Apply data science and analytics techniques in the decision-making process of a wide range of organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to store, clean and transform data.
- Demonstrate improvements in the decision-making process by using and applying analytics techniques to interpret results
- Design and implement computing infrastructure and algorithmic techniques for big data analytics.
- Explore the engineering foundations that propel the fields of data science and analytics.
- Gain hands-on experience with analytical tools for big data.
- Pursue or enhance careers as data analysts or data scientists.
- Credit hours: 33
- Duration: Two years (full-time), three years (part-time)
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Management and Systems Engineering
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (out of a 4.0 scale) achieved on the last 60 hours of bachelor's degree coursework.
- Prior coursework in calculus (differential or integral), programming, probability and statistics.
- For international students: TOEFL score of 100 or higher / IELTS score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0
Successful submission of online application form, exam scores and other documents as outlined in the admissions requirements.
Get further insights into the career options and outcomes for students and alumni of the Data Analytics program.