At GW Engineering, we have world-class faculty who are dedicated to educating our students to be leaders of tomorrow, to creating knowledge and innovating technologies that contribute to solving society’s grand challenges, and to serving our local and global communities to make our school - and our world - a better place. We also have a hardworking set of staff members who are devoted to supporting our school and its departments, faculty, and students in accomplishing their goals.
The Engineering Faculty Excellence Awards have been given every year since 2009 to recognize and celebrate the teaching and research success of GW Engineering faculty. After a 3-year pandemic hiatus, they were re-started last year. In addition to handing out these awards on November 15, 2023, Dean John Lach presented the first annual Staff Excellence Awards to recognize and celebrate staff members who go above and beyond in their roles.
After reviewing a set of well-deserving nominations, the selection committee named the 2023 Engineering Faculty and Staff Excellence Awardees:
- Outstanding Early Career Research Award: Luyao Lu
- Distinguished Research Award: David Broniatowski
- Outstanding Early Career Teaching Award: John Helveston
- Distinguished Teaching Award: Jonathan Deason
- Outstanding Service Award: Can Korman
- Outstanding Service Award: Bhagi Narahari
- Teamwork Award: Sandra Little
- Service Excellence Award: Zephra Coles
- Impact Award: Matt Hansen-Kuder
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination and to the selection committees who had the very difficult task of selecting the awardees. Congratulations to our 2023 award winners! Most of all thank you to all of our faculty and staff who do so much for our school and world - day-by-day, year-after-year.